Wednesday, May 15, 2013

El Torito Grill

Dine LA - Dinner ($25)

One of the problems about getting to blog posts so late, is often, the dishes no longer exist, or even worse, the restaurant has closed.  Despite my unlucky streak, I must take a moment to pay homage to this Southwestern delight.

El Torito Grill of Beverly Hills was the upscale version of the classic restaurant chain, El Torito.  Taking a fancy spin on traditional Tex Mex dishes, El Torito Grill became one of my favorite spots.  My last ride over there was during DineLA restaurant week.  Below are some of the dishes me and my cowboys ate.

Tacquitos de Tinga Poblano
carnitas, chicken chorizo, red onions, chipotle chile, blue corn tortillas, cilantro 
crema fresca, avocado sauce, cojita cheese, arugula, habanero-lime dressing



Mesquite Grilled Chicken Fajitas
chicken breast, onions, pasilla chiles, red bell peppers, beans, 
avocado relish, pico de gallo, handmade tortillas


Mexican Flan

I should mention the, Fire Roasted Tomato Soup [not pictured here] with grilled tomatos, chicken chorizo, pasilla chiles, roasted corn, garlic and spices, was the best tomato soup I ever got my hands on.  Its a real shame that I can't round up some more of this amazing dish!

I'm sad to see El Torito Grill of Beverly Hills close its doors, because it truly was a great feast for the senses.  They put up a good fight until the end!  Visit their other locations in the Southern California area for a great Tex Mex experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment