Monday, July 28, 2014

Gyu-Kaku

A haiku for Gyu-Kaku

melting in my mouth
bite-sized Japanese morsels
meat on a budget


A harmonious blend of East meets West, Gyu-Kaku is a Japanese influenced Korean BBQ restaurant for happy hour lovers and bang-for-your-buck seekers alike.  During DineLA, I sampled appetizers, meats, vegetables and a dessert for a mere $25.  Factor in the $3 I spent on a peach saketini, and you’ve got yourself a wolf in geisha’s clothing.  Slowly cooking the meat and roasting marshmallows on the table grill was the perfect distraction to catch up with friends and hide our cell phones.  Nothing on the menu particularly stood out as extraordinary; however, I felt fully satisfied with my wallet and my belly as I headed back home to read The Wind Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami with leftover miso soup.  Perhaps it was not the tantalizing experience I was hoping for, but it made for the perfect setting for a group of friends on a budget looking for a fun night out.

Dinner ($25)


STARTERS
Gyu-Kaku Salad
Miso Soup
Edamame Soy Beans
Steamed Rice


VEGETABLE
Spinach Garlic

BBQ Items (Selected 4)
Bistro Hanger Steak Miso
New York Steak in Garlic Sauce
Angus Beef Ribs
Shrimp Garlic


DESSERT
S'mores


No comments:

Post a Comment