Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Brazilian Bossa Nova Cuisine

I have driven past Bossa Nova on 10982 W. Pico Blvd. a million times, and have never considered walking in.  Funny enough, I hang out at Westside Pavillion quite often and eat at the restaurant next door (Hop Woo) all the time!  Alas, I finally stumbled across this restaurant online and had the courage to dine there.  Here was my first thought after the meal...Why haven't I eaten here before?!!  It was sooo good!  Immediately when you sit down, you should order a dozen of the Pao de Queijo (Cheese Bread). This literally melts in your mouth!  If your out not counting calories, I would definitely recommend the Chicken Brochette appetizer made with fried chicken wrapped in bacon on a bed of gorgonzola cream sauce. I know it sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen, but its so f*ing delicious!  For dinner, the Picahna Steak served with white rice, black beans and plantain is a must.  Oddly enough, some people go there for pizza and pasta...please stick to the Brazilian menu!  Its so much better!  Two things to note: First, I suggest dining there during their happy hour (M-F, 3pm to 7pm) for discounted drinks and appetizers.  Second, keep in mind the parking is difficult :-( For more information about additional locations and the menu, check out their website at http://www.bossanovafood.com/


Pao de Queijo ($5.99)


Chicken Brochette ($8.49)


Picanha Steak ($15.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment