Thursday, May 5, 2011

Natalee Thai Restaurant

When it comes to Thai food, I'm quite picky.  Given that I was raised by a Thai nanny, I rarely venture outside my kitchen when I'm craving yellow curry chicken or tom yum gai soup.  That being said, Natalee Thai Restaurant is a great spot when your in the mood for "American" Thai food.  The food is never too spicy, and the dishes are well balanced between sweet and sour flavors.  Natalee Thai offers a wide range of American favorites with a Thai theme; for example, beef salad  or avocado egg rolls.  Whenever I'm eating there, I tend to order:

1.  Tom Kha Gai Soup ($8.50) - Chicken with mushrooms, in hot and sour soup, laced with a smidgen of lemon grass and coconut milk. 

2.  Chicken Satay ($7.95) - Chicken sauteed in Thai spices and coconut juice. Served with cucumber salad and peanut sauce. 


3.  Korean BBQ Beef ($12.50) - Two thinly sliced beef marinate in soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame and a touch of sake. 


4.  California Curry ($9.75) - Chicken, yellow curry, potato, carrot and coconut milk.


Let me reiterate that if your looking for authentic Thai food, this is not the restaurant for you!  Once in a while, I enjoy eating here for California infused Thai food.  Personally, I prefer the Culver City location (10101 Venice Blvd.) over the Beverly Hills location (998 S. Robertson Blvd.) because there is more space and parking.  In addition, please keep in mind this is Thai food with American prices...but I promise the food is well worth the money!  

No comments:

Post a Comment