Saturday, August 27, 2011

Chef Eric's Culinary Classroom


In addition to my passion for eating, I love to spend my time cooking!  As a novice, I'm always looking to improve my culinary skills in the kitchen.  Chef Eric's Culinary Classroom, located on 2366 Pelham Ave. in West Los Angeles, is the premier spot to learn the tricks of the trade.  What might you learn you ask?  Choose from a variety of classes including: French Cooking With Julia Child, Designer Appetizers, Spectacular Sauces, Chicken Connoisseur, Home Made Pasta and Sauce, Candy Making For Sweets Lover and so much more! (For  a complete list of courses, please visit his website at http://www.culinaryclassroom.com/index.html

In my first class with Chef Eric, appropriately titled Decadent Desserts, my colleagues and I whipped up:
Ancho Chile Devil’s Food Cake - for those looking for a little naughty mixed with all nice

Chocolate Torte Caprese - simple, sweet and delicious

Milk Chocolate and Cherry Soufflé - sinful yet delicate

Banana and Rum Crepes - an island inspired take on this classic French dessert

Traditional Tiramisu - enjoy the whole bowl of this Italian delight!

If my pictures are not enough evidence, let me reiterate how scrumptious these desserts were!  I also took a Romantic Couples Cooking class with my boyfriend, which truly was a wonderful experience.  Since taking the class, we've recreated our dishes at home!  And they were just as yummy! For a fun and fabulous day out, consider taking a class with Chef Eric at Chef Eric's Culinary Classroom :-)  Classes typically run for 3 hours, and cost on average $85.

No comments:

Post a Comment