Saturday, August 27, 2011

POP Champagne and Dessert Bar

All around the Mulberry Bush,
The monkey chased the weasel.
The monkey stopped to pull up his sock, 
POP! goes the...Champagne?

POP Champagne and Dessert Bar, located in the heart of Old Town Pasadena on 33 East Union Street, is one of the only restaurants in Southern California where you can choose from over 100 champagnes and sparkling wines.  It truly is a lovely place to rendezvous for a date with that someone special or a close group of friends.  I highly recommend one of their decadent wine flights and indulgent desserts.  


Sweeter Bubbles ($16)
Three sweet sparkling wines to dazzle your fancy


Soufflé du Jour ($12)
Light, Airy and o-so Delicious!


Chocolate Decadence ($12)
chocolate mousse dome atop chocolate cake, chocolate sorbet


Cookies and Cream ($10)
browned butter chocolate chip cookie, sprinkle of fleur de sal, choc, caramel, vanilla... yummy!

I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at POP!; however, I highly recommend you eat dinner elsewhere beforehand.  I didn't include pictures from my dining experience because I really (really) did not enjoy my dinner. (Since the restaurant is located in downtown Pasadena, I'm sure you won't have trouble eating dinner elsewhere!) But...the dessert component was so amazing!  Keep in mind that the space tends to fill up quickly, so come early!  In addition, please note that the food tends to run quite pricey :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment