Saturday, February 2, 2013

Michael's Restaurant

As a native Angeleno, Michael's offers the best cuisine there is: Californian.  Using fresh and seasonal ingredients straight from the Santa Monica farmer's market, you could not ask for a better source for lunch.  That being said, Michael's tends is by no means a cheap eat given the quality of their food.  Luckily for me, I got this trio of dishes for $25 during DineLA restaurant week.  

"Chicken and Waffle Wings"
Half-Dozen, Chili Salt, Maple Syrup

When I say I know fried chicken, I mean it.  I could eat fried chicken everyday if it wasn't for such a thing called cholesterol.  I know that Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles have become an LA landmark, but for those of you have been there, its actually not the best fried chicken in town.  This is definitely the best modern interpretation of chicken and waffles around.  There, I said it. #juicy #crispy #sweetnspicy

Michael's Cobb Salad
Blue Cheese, Chicken Breast, Bacon, Tomatoes, Egg, Mustard Vinaigrette

To step away from carbohydrates for a moment, I dived into a cobb salad packed with farm fresh vegetables and meat.  It was one of the better cobb salads I have eaten, but does not beat out Clementine's in Century City. #farmfresh #healthy #delicious

Chocolate Espresso Tart
Creme Fraiche, Coffee Ice Cream

The course to wrap it all up was a sugary delight of chocolate espresso realness (I stole that word from #RuPaul).  It was really effing good apart from the creme fraiche bit.  #yum

Avoid the crowds and the sky high prices by dining at Michael's for lunch rather than dinner.  It's a short walk away from 3rd Street Promenade, which makes for the perfect meeting spot for a group of friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment